The textiles, aluminum and plastics that make up Bumbleride products are carefully chosen for durability, safety and function, but also for their environmental impact. Manufacturing can be a dirty business so we seek out suppliers that are innovating to save energy, conserve water and reduce pollution in landfills. All of our fabrics are OEKO-TEX Standard 100, Class I certified free from harmful chemicals. Bumbleride fabrics are made from 100% recycled PET (which is post-consumer water bottles, rPET, polyethylene terephthalate). We’ve proudly been using the same family-run factory in Taiwan since the beginning, helping us to stay closely involved with the production process. In addition, our black colorways use an innovative dye process that conserves approximately 25-40 gallons of water per stroller. This dye process not only reduces water use, but also pollution created from the dye process.
What is RPET?
Recycled PET a.k.a polyethylene terephthalate is considered a greener option in textiles today for a few reasons:
- Various studies all agree that it uses anywhere from 35-53% less energy to make recycled PET than it does to make virgin polyester in the first place.
- We are keeping bottles and other plastics out of landfills and reducing use of raw/virgin materials.
- rPET is cited as producing far fewer emissions to the air than does the production of virgin polyester: again estimates vary, but Libolon’s website introducing its new RePET yarn put the estimate at 54.6% fewer CO2 emissions (source).
What is OEKO-TEX Standard 100, Class I?
It is of the utmost importance that our products are produced with non-toxic materials. The OEKO-TEX Standard 100 is an independent testing and certification system for fabrics, which evaluates every stage of production. Class I is the strictest of the test classes and applies to products for babies and toddlers up to 3 years of age (underwear, rompers, clothing, bed linen, terry products etc.). Learn more.
What is TPR?
TPR a.k.a Thermoplastic Rubber, has replaced the foam in our handlebars. TPR is durable, recyclable and uses less energy to produce.
- Durable & Anti-microbial
- 100% Sustainable & Renewable
- Naturally Waterproof & Non-toxic
- Non-slip, Ergonomic Grip
Bumbleride Safety Certifications:
- ASTM-F833 (US)
- SOR-85-379 (Canada)
- EN-1888 (Europe)
- AS/NZS-2088 (Australia / New Zealand)