- Durable & Anti-microbial.
- 100% Sustainable & Renewable.
- Naturally Waterproof & Non-toxic.
- Non-slip, Ergonomic Grip.
- Easy To Clean.
Durable & Anti-microbial
- The antibacterial properties in cork help keep it clean.
- Naturally repels bacteria, mold and fungal growth.
- Able to adapt to variations in temperature and pressure without alterations.
100% Sustainable & Renewable
- Cork comes from the bark of the Cork Oak tree.
- The cork we use grows in the mountain area of eight provinces of China, which is the closest geographic area to our manufacturer in Taiwan.
- Completely natural and raw material is harvested by removing the bark of the tree every 9 years, once the tree is sufficiently matured (around 15-30 year).
- Cork Oak trees can live up to 300 years.
- The harvesting practice is considered the most sustainable and environmentally friendly harvesting practice on the planet.
- Cork Oak trees are not cut down or harmed in the process.
- The trees are stripped to harvest the cork while they continue to grow and thrive.
- Cork regenerates each time after being harvested, storing carbon to regenerate bark.
- Comes directly from nature and every part of the cork is used.
- Completely biodegrades without any toxic residues.
- Can be easily recycled and repurposed into other products.
- Harvested cork trees absorb 5x more CO2 than non-harvested trees.
- These forests are the perfect example of the balance between preserving the environment and sustainable development.
- Cork Oak tree forests support one of the world’s highest levels of forest biodiversity, second only to the Amazonian Rain Forest.
Naturally Waterproof & Non-toxic
- It is impermeable and does not absorb water.
- Cork contains no additives or chemicals other than the natural resin called Suberin (a waxy substance responsible for the elasticity of the cork, that in nature repels small insects and does not absorb water).
- Free of PVC and flame retardants and any other harmful chemical.
- The adhesive used is an alternative to the typical TDI used, which is a solvent free, polyurethane adhesive that has no formaldehyde, no toxicity and no VOCs.
Non-slip, Ergonomic Grip
- Cushioned grip that is lightweight and buoyant.
- Natural texture gives both softness and flexibility to the touch.
Use of Cork
Cork is used in many high use applications including trekking pole handles, fishing rod handles, toys, shoes, insulation, wine stoppers, flooring, yoga mats, etc. It is a versatile resource straight from Mother Nature that is very easy to maintain.
Care for Cork
- Cork is a Natural Product and easy to keep clean. Overtime, your cork handle will need to be freshened up.
- Use warm water, non-toxic soap or All-Purpose Cleaner on a washcloth or sponge and gently wipe clean (do not use cleansers containing bleach or other harsh materials). For a deeper clean try a product like "Mr. Clean Magic Eraser".
- When folding, stowing or traveling with the stroller, adjust the handlebar so the wheels do not touch and rub on the cork handle.
- To dry, simply press a dry cloth onto the cork and let air dry completely overnight.
- When folded, do not leave cork handle in standing water.
- Contact Bumbleride Customer Care if you have any questions Message Us Here.